S2BMRC wins the project tender "University-business cooperation in Europe: drivers, challenges, and opportunities" by the European Commission
December 20, 2015
The Science-to-Business Marketing Research Centre can proudly announce that the project “University-Business Cooperation in Europe: drivers, challenges, and opportunities“ of DG Education and Culture of the European Commission has been awarded to the consortium led by the S2BMRC. Over the course of the project (22 months 15.12.2015-15.10.2017) a Europe-wide study on cooperation between universities and business (UBC) will be undertaken.
The project is a follow-up project from an earlier tender which was executed by the Science-to-Business Marketing Research Centre in 2010-2011. This study was the largest study ever undertaken on the topic of UBC in Europe. In contrast to the previous study, the current tender will also take the business perspective into account and will have a larger focus on indicators and the UBC eco system.
An initial project kick-off at the European Commission is planned for February 2016.
The project consortium consists of
|Science-to-Business Marketing Research Centre (S2BMRC) at the Münster University of Applied Sciences (MUAS) in Germany is leading the consortium as the European UBC thought-leaders who have implemented a number of studies yet completed into European UBC. |
|Technopolis, with offices across Europe, is the HEI policy leader and co-creators of the tool HEInnovate, DG EAC’s tool for developing the entrepreneurial university. |
|Ingenio is the leading Spanish research institute and leading published scientific authorities in UBC. |
|University of Ljubljana in Slovenia was the project director of the biggest Eastern European-focused UBC study into new modes of UBC. |
University Industry Innovation Network (UIIN) a spin off from S2BMRC based in the Netherlands is the leading network for European university-business cooperation.
Network partners responsible for survey promotion and project dissemination including:
Project and subject experts responsible for project quality assurance and subject expertise:
- European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE) is the leading network for European Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- Eurochambres is the leading organisation for European businesses representing over 20 million businesses.
- University Industry Innovation Network (UIIN) are the leading network for European university-business cooperation
20 European national partners from across Europe (will be increased to 33 partners).
- Markus Perkmann (Imperial College London)
- Nathalie Eckert (SIEMENS AG)
- Jonathan Potter (OECD)
- Alfredo Yegros (CWTS, University Leiden)
- Niccolo Durazzi (LSE Consulting)
For more information about the 2010-11 UBC project:
- The website: www.ub-cooperation.eu/
- The report: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/docs/uni-business-cooperation_en.pdf
- The case studies report: http://www.ub-cooperation.eu/pdf/casestudyreport.pdf
- The European Commission University-Business Cooperation website (see, ‘Review of the state of university-business cooperation in Europe‘, ’Good practice case studies of university-business cooperation‘ and ’Individual reports’: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/university-business_en.htm?page=3